Monday, July 6, 2009

"Stained glass"




These are the latest wedding decorations that SUsan has been working on. She's making 10 of these "stained glass" windows. Yes, they are made out of styrofoam, but I can guarantee you that you won't be able to tell the difference when she is done. This is what drives me crazy about SUsan. She can take the simplest materials and just make something incredible out of them. I say it drives me crazy, but that is only because I CAN'T!

Let's just take a moment to realize that this is just ONE of the MANY things that she and her trusty sisters, mother, and father have been working on to make this such an awesome wedding. I wish I could be down there to help out, but let's also remember that if I WERE there, we'd probably have a much higher chance that SUsan might change her mind about this wedding. I've already tried to persuade SUsan into things like: webcasting the wedding, hiring a string quintet so that I could write a soundtrack to the wedding, hiring a crane operator for our videographers, hanging 500 LED lights from the ceiling, project cool stuff onto the walls, and my favorite, play Godspeed You! Black Emperor during the ceremony. Hahahaha, I can't imagine why she shot that idea down. Nonetheless, I'm thankful for everyone's hard work and wish I could be there, but let's silently all be kind of thankful that I'm not, otherwise those windows would look like a 4 year old did them. Thank you SUshi!

No comments:

Post a Comment